Monday, January 13, 2014

SCORE *now with nonterrible photos!*

There's a goodwill sort of near my house that is super hit or miss. 90 percent of the time, I find nothing but weird stretched out chenille sweaters from Old Navy's Spring 2002 collection, but every now and then I find something insane.


Today I went in to waste some time before my bus came, and I found this amazing nurse's cape! I'm trying to do some research and so far have only found out that they are very expensive. I got mine for $15! It's in stupid good condition, with no holes, tears, stains, dropped hems, anything. I can't believe it ended up at Goodwill. The name "S Golden" is embroidered on the inside (under the only flaw, where someone sharpied XV under the collar, like they always do at goodwill. Goddamn it!!). I haven't been able to find out what the "BIH" embroidery on the collar is. I'm assuming it's the institution the owner worked for, but haven't been able to find out anything beyond that.  The majority of the capes I'm finding online are dark navy in color, with the red lining, but this one is more of a Postal service blue/grey. Since it's in such good condition, I'm assuming it's newer. 1970s maybe? I'm not sure when they stopped wearing capes as part of the uniform.








My pictures are terrible, since it was after dark when I got home, but I was so excited, I wanted to share it! I'm going to haul it outside tomorrow for better lighting if it's not raining.  New pictures that are actually true to color! I still can't believe it was only fifteen bucks! The least expensive one I've found online was in the fifty dollar range!



No comments:

Post a Comment