Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pattern Review: 1960s Coat

 Pattern Reivew: S1284 Dress, Vest and Coat





 




Pattern Description: Vintage 1960s Dress, Coat and Vest in two lengths 
 I made view C, the long coat  

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? very very easy. The pattern went together very fast. I wish it was lined, specifically because the fabric I used isn't totally opaque, and frays very easily. I may go back and line it in the future. 

 Fabric Used: It's a shower curtain from Ikea! I don't even have a shower, but I bought it anyway and saved it. When I bought the pattern, I thought it might work, but wasn't sure there'd be enough yardage in the curtain, but there was!  

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Made as the pattern was printed. Next time I would line it, and probably cut it in the petite lengths, since I had always have to take a lot off the bottom. 



The whole thing only took about five hours split over two days, although it probably took closer to three and a half working hours if I hadn't been dicking around on the internet at the same time. I started it after I got home from work and only stopped because I was worried my machine was too loud for my housemates. 



 I'm so pleased with how it came out! I'm going to eventually make all views of the pattern. I've wanted a 1960s dress/coat or vest matching suit like the one below for a long time , but never ever find them in my size for prices I can afford.



Geoffrey Beene Suite, Met Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment