Tuesday, March 17, 2015

funky bowler

With Spring approaching, I've been doing a lot of sewing lately.  As usual, it's sporadic since I have barely any fabric, but I've been doing pretty well with what I have. Something I have not been doing is taking pictures. I'm busy, y'all. Working in the middle of the day doesn't leave a lot of opportunities to get good lighting in my room. Now that it's getting darker later, I'll eventually get that done. In lieu of photos of that, I figured I'd share what else I've been wiling my hours away- binge pinning vintage patterns.  Pinterest is definitely a huge waste of time and there is a lot of cowboy-boots-at-your-wedding bullshit on there, but when it's on your phone, it's such a great way to look busy on the bus. Plus, it's like the digital version of the clipping books I used to make of clothes I'd cut out of magazines ten years ago, so... there's that.

Anyway, here's some of my favorite patterns from the 1960s I've found recently. I really wish I knew how to grade patterns up to my size. I'd love to be able to make every single one of these.

(x)
x
 The original link for this one is dead, but I wish I knew more about it. I love the bolero and the weirdo bowler hat that manages to both be huge and tiny at the same time?!




EleanorMeriwether Etsy

Whitestarheart Etsy




AtomicRedhead Etsy


Bellaloona Etsy

DesignRewindFashions Etsy


BONUS KITTEN PICTURE OF ONE OF THE KITTENS I'M CURRENTLY BABYSITTING ENJOYING MY SHOE:



No comments:

Post a Comment