Monday, May 11, 2015

Simplicity 2154: Yeah Mr. White! Yeah Science! Top

Seeing as this is Monday, I would typically have a series of Ted Chaough/ Pete Campbell gifs, but I'm still waiting for last night's episode to load.  Please enjoy this continuation of me remembering to post stuff I made a long time ago and am just now getting around to talking about, sans Mad Men gifs.






x






Simplicity 2154
 Pattern Description: 1960s Retro Petite blouse, skirt, jacket and knit cardigan

 Pattern Sizing: 16-24

 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes  

Were the instructions easy to follow? very

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? very easy, went together pretty fast.  

Fabric Used: cotton chemistry novelty I got on sale from Fabric Depot. No idea what the pattern name was though.  I typically am not a fan of quilting fabric for apparel on me, but this was a soft enough fabric that it worked fine. Any stiffer and it would have made this uncomfortable.  


 EDIT: I just found the selvage and it's Melissa McCulloch Designs for In the Beginning. No print name though, gargh.

EDIT: CHROMATICS PASTEL LAB EQUIPMENT. JESUS that honestly took 15 minutes of searching to find.

 



Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I sewed the button to the back instead of making the loop. I was just lazy.  

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes! I really love that this pattern goes up to a 24. Sometimes 22 is a little tight across my middle if I sew with standard seam allowances. I would like to make the whole suit, as the top was so simple.










4 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! I love both the sewing pattern and the pattern of the fabric. It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand on my heart, my jaw actually swung open when I saw this fabulously darling novelty print blouse. Science was one of my favourite subjects in schools and remains a topic I frequently study to this day. I'd wear this in a heartbeat and can't stress how much I adore it! Awesome creation, dear gal!

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! That was essentially my reaction to the fabric in-store too. Ha!

      Delete