Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whiney job related post





Hello all,

I am well aware that it's been over two weeks since I last updated. As you may or may not know, I was finally hired by a second company. I am very greatful to finally have a second job to cover my basic costs of living. I don't particularly enjoy this new job, and have had somewhat of a rocky start. It is at a department store and one of the main points of the job I was hired into is selling credit cards and Internet orders, and due to the department I was placed in (which is currently under a massive rennovation and in deep, overdue construction, with no registers in said department), I have failed to get any of either. I haven't been talked to yet, and I have brought my concerns up to a supervisor, trying to show I am actively attempting to be better at signing up people. I hate that companies put such emphasis on credit cards and that you can be fired if you don't get enough per week. It's only adding to my stress. Plus there is terrible communication at this job ( which I should have known would be a problem. The hiring process was bizarre and vague), so I basically have no idea what is going on. Like I said, while I don't like the job ( or them repeatedly scheduling me outside of my availability), I am very thankful for it, but constantly worried that I will be fired for not getting enough credit card applications. Hell, I've only actually used the register three times in the couple of weeks I've been there, and all of them either already had the credit card, or said no. It's very aggravating. 

 I may start looking elsewhere in the coming months, because the Christmas season will be awful, and so far the stress of them not abiding by my availability is making me perform poorly at both my jobs because I'm so tired. 

Anyway, I try not to complain but getting this job has really really made me appreciate my first job. A job that actually cares about its employees and doesn't just see them as worker bees is hard to come by and I really believe that I will never find a better retail job than that one. Now, if ONLY I could get full time! I wouldn't have to have a terrible second job that is ridiculous and basically being yelled at by old people because they think construction is taking too long. 

I will be updating when I get a chance but so far between the two jobs I am not getting any days off. I don't know when they think I'm supposed to be able to run errands! Thank god the bookstore is right next to a grocery store so I can sort of buy food after work

No comments:

Post a Comment