Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Band of Brothers/band of brothers

First things first:

Two of my favorite shows have been recently led to the gallows, and I can only sum up my feelings via the disapprovingly sad face of Lt Carwood Lipton

x

x
He's not angry, just disappointed




That out of the way, here's a bulleted list of things that have happened recently:

  • very very close to finishing my wedding guest dress, with only one hem to go. I tried to knock it out yesterday but it was being a real pain in the ass (thanks sheer fabric, go to hell, bye) so I stepped away before something went very wrong.
  • I've been scooping up some excellent ebay finds lately. I was on a month long search for a brooch/earring set to wear to the wedding, and finally found one for a reasonable price. 
  • however, immediately after I bid on it, I found something better that wasn't what I was looking for at all. I bought that, figuring that I'd be outbid on the set anyway.
  • turns out no one else bid on the set, so now I own both???
  • oops
  • I found a pair of brand new Minnetonka moccasins at goodwill for $5!?!?!?! 
  • I came across another 'make young people feel terrible about themselves' book to add to my collection- What's Your PQ (Personality Quotient)? by Maureen Daly. I need to figure out what the actual genre is called, as it is both awful and great.
  • I also checked out a copy of Harper Lee's new book from work, which I'm very excited about. 
  • I shame-ordered a couple penny priced Beach Boys biographies off amazon because I am slowly spiraling into obsession with their endless trainwreck-y drama. It's like the best of the Tyga scandal, all of Liz Taylor's marriages and everything Keith Richards did from 1964-1987 all wrapped into one. Plus, clearly pre-LSD Brian Wilson and me are the same person when it comes to food:
literally me at all times




I'm hoping by next week to have some pictures of the damn dress to post. I would normally take progress photos, but haven't bothered to do so this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment