Monday, April 27, 2015

Pattern Review: Simplicity 1325, Sari Jacket

I finally got my ass in gear and took photos of the things I've made in the last few months, but  despite the sunny day and high temperature (ew), my room was very dark. Garg!






1325








1325 Misses' Pants, Jumper or Tunic, Jacket & Top


Pattern Description: Misses' separates includes a knit crew neck top with long sleeves, a flared jumper dress or tunic with plunging v neck, pants and open front long sleeve jacket with ribbon detail.

I made the jacket.

Pattern Sizing: 14-22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes. 


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Pattern went together very easily. The shoulders came out a bit boxier than I would have liked, but does not detract from the finished look.

Fabric Used: A long "sari"-like skirt I found at a thrift store for a quarter! The sleeves are made from the skirt's lining, as I didn't have enough of the main fabric. 


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I left off the ribbon detailing and the back darts due to fabric restrictions.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I would sew it again, with the correct amount of fabric and add in the back darts.  I plan on making the jumper at some point was well. Easy enough for beginners.





No comments:

Post a Comment