Friday, May 31, 2013


About a week and a half ago, I was stuck with three blank stuffie bodies and no idea whatsoever about who they should turn into. Usually, my issue is the other way around... I have more ideas than I can keep up with. You get turned into a stuffie! You get turned into a stuffie! Then, I settle down to actually go about turning them into a stuffie and get bogged down into researching that no one gets turned into a stuffie.  Also, there's the issue with wanting to make stuffies purely for me, me, ME! So far, I've kept the hoarding level down, only keeping a few (two actually. Charlie Kelly and Charlie Chaplin. Well, plus a William Clark I made a few years ago).  That's why I really love doing commissions! Other people come up with stuff I wouldn't think of, so it gets me out of my box!

Right now, I have one commission coming down the chute, which I will probably knock out tomorrow, but I keep having those damn sugar plum stuffie fairies floating through my head, giving me too many ideas at once.
Turn me into a stuffie,whispers George Michael Bluth's Spain-based mustache.
Turn me into a stuffie, says David Mitchell while I'm marathoning QI. 
TURN ME INTO A STUFFIE, whisper-screams every damn photo of Buster Keaton in the aptly titled Buster Keaton tag on tumblr
Clearly, my fandom roots are showing, luring me away from historical figures.

Anyway, here's a small compilation of some stuffies I will make, want to make, or maybe am even currently making. In absolutely no order whatsoever.

Whisper-scream

At first I thought of doing Harvey Korman as Hedly Lamarr but then I found this picture and remembered how amazing Madeline Kahn is and now I want to do one of each????

come dream with me

I've done one of Kate Beaton's Napoleons before but I love Jules Verne's drawing so much













No comments:

Post a Comment