Friday, June 14, 2013

how the hell is it the middle of june already


I've finally been able to watch the second and third series of Downton Abbey. Well, second and episodes 1-7 of series three. As I type, I'm waiting as the eighth episode buffers right before the slutty flapper cousin or whatever gets caught in the club. Goddamn it!!

Since I am a regular user of the internet, I already knew/know the spoilers for the two seasons, but whatever. I'm solidly here for Dame Maggie Smith and the hats.

I started a new stuffie today, the first time I've worked on them in almost two weeks. With the back and forth between the last place I nearly interviewed with (they called to schedule an interview for a day I was working, so they said they'd call back to schedule something the following Monday- I never heard from them), and the stress of my... interesting living situation, I haven't been feeling it lately. I'm running terribly low on felt, which is limiting my options and ideas, so once payday rolls around I'll pick some more up and hope that I can get back into the swing of things. Thank god my hobby's materials are only $0.33 a sheet!

Speaking of expensive hobbies, I'm still itching to get sewing again, specifically clothes. SPECIFICALLY specifically costumes, but one step at a time. I need disposable income and time for that to happen, and while I've got one, I certainly don't have the other.  I've got a Simplicity reproduction pattern I'm dying to make but no fabric. It's not that I have no fabric, I actually have a ton. But genius me used to just buy half a yard of the fabrics I liked, so now I'm saddled with two tubs of fabric  I can't make shit out of. What was I thinking?! Anyway, I've been following lots of awesome costuming blogs and pinterests, and I'm not sure if it's helping me live vicariously through them, or just making it worse.






No comments:

Post a Comment