Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekly/Monthly/When I Remember Favorites: Etsy Edition, or How the Top Image Has Nothing to do With the Rest of the Post

(tumblr)

I've been very busy this past week- running around dropping off applications, going to a work thing where there were free cookies, combating the ants that have moved back into my room, but on the opposite side, awaiting a phone call from a prospective employer, having my roommate put in a work order, not tell me about it, then have the electrician contact me to make the appointment even though I have no idea what is going on, then have him show up early so I have to run around hiding my roommate's cats that she is not supposed to have, all while she decides she's not going to make an appearance and gets angry that I wake her up to tell her the electrician is at the house. Yeah. I'm living with an adult 12 year old.

That massive pain in the ass aside, yesterday I also went to a small flea market that was happening above one of my favorite antique marketplaces with my estate sale/thrifting/ history friend and met a bunch of awesome old ladies! I picked up a father's day present ahead of schedule, plus some super cheap vintage patterns and a very inexpensive hat. I stayed well within budget, yay me!!

Anyway, onto the main reason for this post.  Etsy is very strange, as it is a great resource to find  handmade stuff you'll never see anywhere else, but it's also full of junk- and not cool junk. I always seem to find something I want though, so here's a recent list of my favorites.



(MaidofClay)
Some Tardar Sauce for your cereal

(DesignAtelierArticle)
I want nearly everything in this shop, but especially this! Napoleon bicorn!!
(YOLOTIES)
Everything about this makes me want to punch myself in the face- the galaxy background, YOLOTIES, cat bolo ties...but I still want to buy it. Badly.

(luckyjackson)
Lucky Jackson is one of my favorite artists and I freaked out when I discovered she had an etsy selling her original work AND prints!  When I get rich again, I will definitely get at least one of her prints.
(cOnieco)
I love this guy!



No comments:

Post a Comment