Thursday, September 12, 2013

caw

(x)

                                
THERE'LL BE MUCH FAKE STUFFED CROWS-ING
AND NERDS WILL BE SEWING WHEN HALLOWEEN NEARS
IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIIIIIME OF THE YEAR


As previously mentioned, I'm in full Halloween plan mode. I went to Joann's today to casually look for a pattern, or at least several patterns to graft together, but as per usual, zip. If I wanted to go as a crushed panne-clad, slightly meth-y looking Khaleesi, or the girl from that Brave movie whose name I do not know,  we're in business, but a basic drop-waist dress is out of the question.

So, I'm back in the business of creating my own pattern. I think it'll be fairly simple, and did some pinterest trolling to get ideas from extant outfits!

Since I will probably have to wear it in a dress coded environment, it can't be too outrageous. I know I want sleeves, and that it will probably be navy blue (this goes with my secret theme, which I cannot reveal). One detail I'm 100% on is the deep-v neckline with the inset. The inset will be a patterned white fabric, which sounds awful, but will make sense when combined with the theme.

(x)
Love the V-neckline with the inset framing details!

(photographersdirect.com, clearly)
The black one has the v-insert, plus the sleeves I'm looking for. I'm not sold on the bell-shape, but have seen plenty slimmer cuts that I like, along with contrast cuffs (!?!?!?!?!).

The blue-aqua colored one bottom right has that Holy Grail insert (I really need to look up the actual name of that) plus great details AND a pleated skirt I want but probably won't have the patience to do. (couldn't find a source on this one, it's from pinterest)

(x)
WANT ALL OF THESE FOR EVERYDAY LIFE. 
love the detailing on the skirt on the dark blue in the forefront, crazy about the neckline on the three piece suit in the bottom right. Again, would wear 365 if I could. 

Although Joann's yielded nothing in the pattern department, I did kinda sorta find a fabric that might work. I've got a load of coupons that start in a few weeks, so I've got a while to do some more research. I should try and make it out to Fabric Depot and have a look-see, but alas, I've been getting next to no time off to do such things.


(I had a tough time finding actual sources for these photos, since for some reason flickr seems to be down. All are from pinterest, ect)

No comments:

Post a Comment