Friday, April 18, 2014

Lady Adventurers

 Osa Johnson, filmmaker, author, adventurerer, zebra wrangler
Osa Johnson: author, adventurere, zebra wrangler



What's more glamorous than excavating 2000 year old mummies in the sweltering pre-air conditioning jazz age?

Perhaps flying sea planes and slashing through the jungle to rescue talismans and being a general swashbuckling bad ass Lady Adventurer. 

Ok, so maybe the malaria, Nazis, or uncomfortable Imperialism might not be super worth it to be, but the clothes are.



Visiting Egypt

Helen Richey, first female commercial airline pilot     
Marion Ravenwood, Indiana Jones
Evie Carnahan, The Mummy



Meryl Streep inOut of Africa
VeraVague on Etsy


While digging around on Pinterest (who's surprised), I found a bunch of inspiration and a couple bloggers that have been embracing this style, and it reminded me how much I love this look. I love that it spans decades and conventional genres. It can be either tomboyish or girlie, practical or steampunk-y. Just like the ladies who originated the look, it's unique and exciting. 

Plus, Indiana Jones, am I right? 


1 comment:

  1. Yes! All of this! One of my favorite looks! Evie is one of my style icons!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete