Friday, May 16, 2014

Me Toil Part Time at Jah Coldstone Creamery

This week  a good time to be a circa-2000-09 era SNL fan.


Digital Short dork-in-chief and Golden Globe Winner Andy Samberg returns to host the season finale this Saturday, something I've been waiting for since he left the show two years ago.  The Lonely Island dudes and their Digital Short era of SNL made a huge impression on me and my concept of comedy, and I'm excited to see what this episode delivers. Most pressing question: will Timberlake make an appearance? 



A quick refresher of their stupid genius.


(X)

Then on Monday, one of my absolute favorite comedians, Saturday Night Live-based or otherwise, Maya Rudolph finally gets her own GD variety show! Maya is hugely underrated, in my opinion, and massively talented. If anyone can carry an on old school style variety show, it's her.

Also, in my constant search for "that one sketch where" something I vaguely remind myself of in casual conversation happened, I recently discovered that yahoo has a video section that houses a TON of clips from back episodes- the most comprehensive collection I've found ever since Netflix decided to scrap their full seasons (big fucking mistake, assholes. How am I supposed to memorize entire Weekend Update segments now???), covering bits and pieces from every season. And big, iconic sketches too, not just one offs that no one cares about (hulu). Though, they recently did take down the Gilda Radner classic "Jewess Jeans" which was super disappointing. Beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome about Maya getting her own show! We ditched our cable service a few months back, so I'm not always terribly abreast of TV going ons any more and hadn't caught wind of this news. Fingers crossed it lands on Canadian Netflix asap!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete