Tuesday, May 6, 2014

No/Yes

The Bad News:
Yesterday, I splurged and bought nachos. Not just any nachos- the large size because for 50 cents more, I could eat off them for like three and a half days. After eating some of them (not even close to half), I put the rest in the fridge at work, then promptly FORGOT them at work.

The Good News:



I finally, finally, finally, FINALLY got a second job!  Six months after I left Penney's and several botched job interviews later, I was hired at an antique store as a cashier/helper person. It's a place (or at least type of place) that I've wanted to work at for a long time, and the job opportunity kind of fell in my lap after I royally screwed up my interview for a full time position at the bookstore. I've come to realize that, while it would be ideal, I'm just not going to get a full time position at the bookstore. I needed to be realistic and stop waiting for "maybe it'll happen" or "maybe someone will leave..." I'm very fortunate to have the friends I do, because I wouldn't have found this job if it weren't for my friend Michelle! 
 It's part time, and I will be working seven days a week, but I'd rather do that than work six 12-14 hour days a week (sometimes for four weeks on end) like I was doing at JC Penney. I'm very excited because this means I will finally be able to save money and move out of my awful living situation, get glasses, buy a new bra, all the important things. Plus, I'd rather work seven days a week at my job at the bookstore and at an antique mall than any days a week breathing recycled mall air. I was really starting to worry I would have to start applying at mall jobs again, but I'm so lucky this worked out.



No comments:

Post a Comment