Friday, May 2, 2014

Dapper Dames

LIFE GOALS: Esther Quek


I love menswear. I love menswear more than I love any (and I mean any) "female"  clothing that has ever existed since the dawn of wearing clothes.  I feel like a lot of men don't get how great they have it, and waste their lives wearing grimy Call of Duty 3 t shirts and cargo shorts, but whatever losers! More for me!

Okay, the second line of this post is a lie, because there is something I love more than menswear: the Lady Suit.


Have you met my personal Lord and Savior, Janelle Monae?

Ballerina Maria Kochetkova



via Asos   





I'm always excited to see someone style a pants-based outfit. I feel like there's a lot of skirt and dress centric outfits out in the style blogosphere, which is great, but not really my style. I like skirts and dresses, but not necessarily on me. In my everyday life, I have to schlub around on the bus, and have to do a lot of walking, so skirts just aren't super practical in my life. BUT I still like being fancy and looking put together. Enter: the Lady Suit. Life goals include owning a well tailored suit, and maybe one day when I'm rich, or at least am able to secure a full time position job somewhere (ANYWHERE PLEASE), that will happen.


Photo by Anthea Simms


(x)

Esther Quek via I Dream of Dapper

Everyone needs to bow down to Esther Quek, the fabulous lady in the photos bookending this post. Fashion Director  at the men's fashion magazine The Rake, she has written the book on the Lady Suit. She is one of my favorite fashion people, hands down! She knows how to take something that is traditionally male, and make it feminine- but not cutesy-, and does so flawlessly.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! This is such a good look! And one of my favorite! Also Janelle Monae! OH MY GOD! Talk about one of the best dressed ladies out there! Such an icon of mine too!!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete