Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Because I'm a Hologram

Welp, after 6 years of being an Oregon registered voter, they found me, and I'm stuck in jury duty for at least the next two days. Luckily I brought my kobo tablet and doubly luckily they have Wi-Fi, became the books I brought are not doing it for me.

    As much as I love vintage stuff and thrift shopping, I find the true "thrift stores" in the area lacking when it comes to clothes. Vintage stores often pose a series of problems to me, specifically the rarity of items both in my size and my meager price range. Also, I know this isn't very groovy of me, but sometimes I like buying new items. Not just new-to-me, but new to anyone. Something that I don't have to try and get stains out of because it was literally the only thing I could find and I need pants now.  Buuut again, broke, so that doesn't happen often.  I window shop a lot and hope for something similar to pop up in a goodwill, and eeeeevery great once in a while a baby Jesus miracle happens and I find it later (case in point, a pair of leopard print chelsea boots I had originally bought the black version of after hemming and hawing over at Target. I decided on the black because I thought I'd get more wear out of them. I eventually went back to buy the leopard print ones and they were gone. The black ones wore out really fast, and I kept seeing replacements in thrift stores, but never in my size. After two years, I randomly came across a pair of the leopard print ones, in my size, with the tags still on. They have just officially worn out after lasting almost a year longer than the black ones. I'm bummed, I will never find them again.), but that is a rarity.

   In my quest to lighten up my wardrobe for spring/summer, I've been searching for inexpensive things that are made of lighter fabric- both weight and color. I typically wear dark and jewel tone colors, as they are my favorite, but they get so gross during summer. Also, I usually am more of a fan of fall and winter trends, but one thing that I've seen a bit is a kitschy-without-being-sugary fruit trend that I think I'm on board with if done right. More mid-century Resort than 90s Spice Girl.

  Yesterday, I went into Target for no reason other than to waste time and found a bunch of things with pineapples on them. Whaaat?!


(X)


  I've been saving a lot of money by trying to bring food to work from home, so I listened Tom and Donna's clarion call to TREAT YO SELF. They were also all on sale, so I decided to go with the sweater, as I think I'll get the most wear out of it. Several of my sweaters are starting to be unrepairable, and I think it's lighter color will go a long way in if not preventing, postponing major swampage as the temperatures start to get up in the disgusting above 70s. I wore it today and already got several non-creepy compliments. I want to go back for the shirt too. SO PINEAPPLEY
(X)



I'm hoping that they don't sell well, and wind up in Goodwill, as I've often seen Target deadstock dumps do (though I've started to see Goodwill pricing them above what they sold at on clearance at Target. Seriously?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment