Tuesday, October 7, 2014

2Spooky2014: The beginning

Sorry for the short hiatus, I've been house/dog sitting the past few days and have been very busy (two dentist appointments in four days! I'm an oral health champeen!).

Anyway, I've started to really make some progress on Halloween! After much waffling, I've decided to go ahead with my eccentric millionaire costume. I'm finally getting a chance to go to the Lone Fir Cemetery's Untimely Departures tour on Halloween after three years of missing it. 

As I've mentioned previously, I love generic, off brand Halloween costume names, and "Eccentric Millionaire" is right up that alley.  It's like "Kooky Kennedy Cousin" but less specific (and hoarder-y) with a mix of Lucille Austero and Colleen Donaghy mixed in.  So far I've been inspired by lots of layers, dark colors, fur trims, and weirdo head gear. I've found some pretty great pieces in the last few days at Goodwills of all places (where I normally find nothing??), and for cheap.

 Here's some inspiration images I've collected and, of course, made a Pinterest board about.

Catherine Baba

(x)

(x)

(x)

Willy Van Rooy

night.owl
night.owl

Pointer Sisters






No comments:

Post a Comment