Monday, October 20, 2014

Glitter Moons


This is an actual artist's rendering of my feet. Ok, clearly not, but like the Flintstones, I have wide ass feet that could propel a car if necessary.  Like the rest of my being, my feet are short but make up for it in width-  finding shoes is a nightmare.  As the rainy season sets in (finally aaaaaahh), I'm afraid my 1.5 pairs of flats won't cut it any more, and the boots I bought last year are hard for me to wear all day at work. Due to the width and falling on the upper end of the size spectrum, it's difficult for me to find shoes online and get them to fit when they arrive. So, I hit several stores today, willing to spend more than I normally would, and came up totally empty.  I have issues with having a perfect idea of something that I want, only to discover that idea a) doesn't exist or b) is going to cost me $500. I found a pair of glittery chelsea style rainboots on DSW.com, but alas they aren't in stores in my area.  I may order them eventually and see if they fit, since they're fairly reasonably priced for boots... I'm just so used to being broke, that paying over $35 for anything is difficult. Blah blah blah, I know you pay more for quality, but breaking out of that shoes-or-food mindset is a hard thing to do.


 I eventually wound up at Target, and sort of settled on a pair of quasi-chelsea boots, and hopefully they'll stretch a bit and not cause me any issues. They also had several pairs of knee-high boots that featured elastic gussets that actually fit and zipped over my calves, which is a feat unto it's own, but due to my short legs, they were awkwardly over-the-knee-but-not-quite-enough-to-not-be-weird.  However, boot talk is not why I'm writing this post.

these are why I'm writing this post



Enjoy this exquisite photograph of my hand modelling.
Black tights with glittery stars and moons on them. This is everything I've always wanted.
They also had them in navy with silver moons/stars, plus black with gold pin dots and burgundy with some color pin dots, possibly silver.   Being the rolled up kind, they're not the best tights Target has to offer, but they were only six bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment