Monday, October 13, 2014

Outfit: The Frontier

Hey look, an outfit post again.



Shirt: From my dad
Skirt: Goodwill
Beret: Isaac Mizrahi for Target, like 30 years ago
tights: Target
Loafers: Target
Necklace: Forever21





My dad got this shirt in a box of clothes old men's clothes that someone gave him several years ago. I'm assuming "The Frontier" was a bar, possibly the Frontier Chuckwagon Bar that was damaged in the 1964 tsunami that knocked out a lot of Crescent City. Not sure though.  I finally got new shoes that don't hurt my feet, but only after I discovered my old shoes had a huge hole worn through the bottom. Damn it! I found these loafers at Target and they're actually really comfortable. I may go back and get a second pair after payday!

Anyway, I've been on the continual hunt for stuff for my Halloween costume, and went to the Goodwill I used to live by, but didn't find anything. I was in the deep SE area of town, so I dropped by one of my favorite antique malls out that way, STARS. I found lots of stuff I'd like, but little I could afford. As usual!  I did finally find a Greek fisherman hat for under $10- the ones that I find are always either trashed or really expensive. It's so weird, since I see them all the time, just never in good condition. Also, I found this great velvet purse thing a few weeks ago at a Goodwill but never got around to posting photos! It was only $1.99!



2 comments:

  1. Love the shirt matched with the skirt, it almost looks like a dress. I love trying to match my blouses and skirts together with a belt in between to give the illusion of a dress. The beret is cute as well, as are those shoes - how great that they are so comfortable too. It's so hard to find a decent pair of shoes that aren't priced sky high these days. Love the fisherman's cap too, and what a sweet velvet purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shirt! And what an interesting connection too!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete