Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween- a Brief Update!



Even though I had high hopes for a week long SPOOKTACULAR, it, as usual, didn't work out the way I wanted to. I realized that along with the handmade costumes I had to (very tragically. I'm still upset about it) throw out during my move/black widow infestation, all my other "costume" stuff was in that tub too! Goddamn it!!



Anyway, tonight I'm going to a cemetery tour at my favorite cemetery. I've been trying to go for several years, and they finally brought it back! I've helped out with and participated in cemetery tours in my home area that were based on the one I'm getting to go to tonight, so I'm very excited to see how the "original" does it.


Luckily I work today, so I get an opportunity to wear my costume out. This is one of the first costumes were I didn't make any components of it, but it's an opportunity to show off some of the nuts-o stuff I find at thrift stores. The piece-de-resistance, a ridiculously shoulder-padded beaded duster, was one of my best thrift store scores ever. Thank you Halloween section at Goodwill! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it when cemeteries do tours on Halloween! One near us when we lived in Portland did that!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete