Thursday, August 14, 2014

Photographed in Mystic India!



 I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that I am creepily a fan of 1970s fashion, and I'm also creepily a fan of vintage sewing books. Imagine my surprise when this beaut of a Vogue Patterns magazine circa 1975 came rolling in on the used book cart today, priced at a cool $4.95. Unfortunately for me, it was discovered to be  underpriced by the used book  buyers and was marked up. I mean, understandably... it is  pre-Mick-Jagger Jerry Hall on the cover and the features were photographed in Mystic India. 
It's somewhat of a fluke that it came in at all, as we aren't supposed to buy magazines, but this one slipped through and I nabbed it off the cart even after it was (despite my pleading) marked to a more reasonable (ie, closer to what it was going for on eBay) selling price.  And, hot damn, is it filled with Mystic Indian coke fueled caftan-y goodness.



 Not to mention the softer side of the mid-70s, the  all white romance look:


Tawny blush and no bra


10/10 would wear this entire outfit
 


I wish my pictures were better! I was trying to take them at dusk in the backyard as a cat rolled all over them.

 The "Mystic Indian" spread with Jerry was the clincher for me buying a pattern magazine I don't need. It's super inspirational for my Halloween costume! I've decided to go as a Grey Gardens-y kooky nutjob that I've generically dubbed "Eccentric Millionaire." Surprise, surprise, I've got a pinterest board going for it already. I'm thinking lots of weird layers and headpieces, with my weasel guy stole that I bought myself for a birthday present in February ($20! For a total of 5 guys!), but  I've never been able to wear out.

Honestly, most of these pins are of outfits I'd wear NOW, day to day, if I could get away with it. And it weren't solidly above 85 every day of the week. I'm so ready for fall to get here!





1 comment:

  1. There is most certainly something about 1970s fashion that speaks, and appeals, to me as well. In fact, I'd say that I like it more over all than I do 1960s offerings. Secretary and prairie girl looks from the era, as well as flares and bell bottoms, plus afghans, are particular favourites of mine from the swinging seventies.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete