Sunday, August 31, 2014

Peace Out Braugust*



(amazon)
 Last week in my weekly favorites post, I mentioned Amy Poehler and Stephen Fry have memoirs coming out, only to find out later that John Cleese does too!



Red agrees!

Anyone who knows me knows I often intend to watch movies, but wind up watching the same three fourth season  episodes of 30 Rock for the seventieth time instead. And anyone who knows me knows I haven't seen a movie in the theater since I don't even know when, but one that I'm fairly excited to see is the upcoming This is Where I Leave You, starring Michael Bluth Teen Wolf Too Jason Bateman and my main lady hero Tina Fey, along with everyone else in the industry.  I just finished reading the book, which is often described as a Nick Hornby style vessel sailing on the stormy seas of man feelings, and it shares a lot of the same pathetic and miserably hilarious (or hilariously miserable) elements. 10/10 would recommend, ect, ect, but, beware- there is a character named Philip, and if you're like me, you find it impossible to envision any character named Philip as anyone other than Philip Seymour Hoffman as portrayed by Jason Sudeikis, and it's just weird.




One of the things I talk about most on this blog, despite it being a directionless catch-all for my pointless whining with no specific theme, is clothing and how much I want clothes I don't have. Regardless the fact that I never follow through with the act of sharing my outfits, due to whatever excuse I have for that day, I search out outfit inspiration all the time. Down the dark rabbit hole that is Pinterest, I discovered some closet challenges centered on instagram from a few years ago, and this being the last day of August at the time of writing, I think I'm going to jump in and do one on my own time!  The one I found that I liked the most was from October of  2012, but whatever- it's exciting to think about the few amount of clothes that I have and be re-inspired. Especially since fall is coming (choosing to ignore the 90 degree forecast for next week. If I don't acknowledge it, it won't happen).



(MNHS)
Lastly, happy Labor Day, and remember that your three day weekend-any weekend for that matter- wouldn't exist without your friendly local Union!


*in my quest to find a title for this post, I unwisely (or maybe completely wisely) googled the phrase "lame way to say goodbye" and hooboy did it deliver. Please enjoy this Yahoo!Answers post circa 2008.  Heller wazza yoeeee hey boy hey!! Supadoole, indeed.

1 comment: