Friday, September 5, 2014

Style Challenge: Never Thought I'd Miss a Hand so Much

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've decided to do a style challenge for the month of September! I'm hopping around the challenge, and only doing it on days that I work, since I usually put much more effort into what I wear when I am leaving the house, doing things other than sitting around on the internet all day.


Dress:  Walmart via Goodwill
Blouse: target via Goodwill
Belt: Forever21+
Tights: Target
Shoes: Buffalo Exchange
Beret: Forever21
Hand: Store Mascot

This was technically day three, "Greens + Yellow", two colors I have very little of.  I have no yellow clothing at all, only a few accessories, and aside from a sweater it is much too hot to wear, this blouse/jacket thing and hat are the only green things I have. 

Several months ago, as I was doing laundry, I noticed that my wardrobe is 33% blue, 33% grey and 65% black, with rando red or whatever here and there making up that last percent. When I was in late high school, I went through an unexplainable streak of thinking I had to wear bright colors, despite not really liking them (a period of time that was bookended by a literal black hole of a wardrobe). I don't know what the hell was wrong with me. I'm not a bright colors type of person, especially not yellow!  

I went to three different Forever21s to find this goddamn beret! After years of wanting to wear hats but never going through with it, I finally threw reservations to the wind and started wearing them last year. Great decision, or the greatest decision?

Anyway, I finally got someone to take a photo, though it's at work and as I was leaving for the day! I'm trying to get better at self taking wide shots with my phone/phone's self timer, and it's slow going. Bear with me and my grainy, awful snapshots!














No comments:

Post a Comment