Friday, September 26, 2014

Style Challenge: Used to Scare Me

Style Challenge: Used to Scare Me






 Dress: vintage, shortened by me
Vest: Goodwill
Tights: Target
Belt: Hot Topic
Boots: Payless
photo by Esco



 I cut my head off in the photo due to a crazy bad hair situation. I'm not sure why the photo is so blurry and small. Damn it! I'll never get the photo part of this down! 

At this point, I'm nearing the end of the challenge month, and am mostly making it up as I go. Since I was only doing the challenge on days I work, I had to leave some prompts off- mostly make up themed days. But, with the limited amount of days left, I'm kind of just wearing whatever and trying to find a prompt that fits it... Not what the challenge is supposed to be at all! Argh!  Anyway, this sort of could fit into this catergory; at one point I would never have worn a skirt this short (it looks longer in this photograph than it is), nor would I have put these two prints together. And frankly, I probably wouldn't have worn the dress either.  That being said, this is the same dress from this day, after I had a chance to shorten it. I'm glad I did! It definitely gives it the feel I was hoping for. 

As my friend and photographer pointed out, it would have worked better with different accessories, and I wholeheartedly agree. I am doomed by my extremely limited wardrobe, especially in the accessory and shoe department. It used to be the opposite- I had tons of shoes and accessories, but now I'm distinctly lacking. I've been having some issues with blisters on my feet lately due to them being wide (though I don't know what it's all of a sudden an issue. I think it's due to it being summer and being on my feet for longer during the day, since I'm working more), and really only have one or two pair of shoes that are comfortable enough for me to wear for long periods of time.  If I'd had my way, I would have had brown accessories instead of the black boots and belt, but like I said, its all I have right now.  

Here's some of the stuff I wish I could have worn with this outift. If only I were rich/hand normal width feet!






Untitled #471

No comments:

Post a Comment