Sunday, September 21, 2014

Style Challenge: At Work, In the Bathroom

Style Challenge: Layered Jewelry




necklace: deadstock, Naked City, Portland OR
sweater: Old Navy
Skirt: Triste via Gwynnie Bee


I forgot to have someone take a photo at work of my whole outfit, and it was way after dark when I got home, so enjoy these halfsy photos taken both before I left the house and in the bathroom at work



Today was the first day I got my hair to sort of cooperate since I got it cut, so hopefully it's gotten past that awkward 'just cut' phase. 

FUN FACT: I used to wear a ton of jewelry in high school and just after. Then, out of nowhere, I stopped. I'm not exactly sure why, but sometimes wearing jewelry nowadays makes me feel costumey... and not in a good way. I think it's because my taste in jewelry and clothes in general has changed from my high school days and wearing things from those days makes me feel like I am wearing a costume.
Anyway, I still really like jewelry, and have a few pieces here and there that I'm willing to wear (I've gotten rid of so many clothes and accessories in the past few years that I don't have much from those earlier days left), but nothing that I'd want to layer.  Luckily, a few months ago, I found this double layered necklace at one of my favorite stores near my work, Naked City. I actually bought it the day before my job interview for my current position, and although it was only $7, it was seven bucks I didn't have, but I bought it anyway, wore it to the interview the next day and got the job. 


















1 comment:

  1. What a great story about the necklace! I am the exact same in regards to jewellery. I used to load it on in my high school days to the point where I'm sure Coco Chanel would have had a fit. But I just never ever really wear it anymore. It's nice to find a piece that feels just right.
    Your hair looks just lovely too!

    ReplyDelete