Friday, September 12, 2014

Favorites: Bat-tastic


Along with the cooling temperatures (though it's supposed to be in the 90s again this weekend. Hopefully the last for this year), I've noticed some trees are losing their leaves. That's the definition of fall! It's coming!!! 
Yesterday when I was trying to take photographs outside at twilight like an idiot, I noticed some bats were zooming around eating the creepily large dragonflies that come from the weird hippie commune next door. What's more halloween-y than bats?!



the curio emporium via pinterest
Although it can be super creepy, I love taxidermy. I know some people take the same stand against it as fur, which I understand, but I'm in the camp of using and loving vintage furs/stuffed dudes as opposed to tossing them in a landfill. 



asos

 It seems like ASOS had a whole bat/halloween line going, but everything is sold out! Garg!

modcloth
I've seen the cat versions of these everywhere, but this is a great alternative. Wish it came in my size!

knob creek metal arts
Over my last several moves, I've ditched a lot of my books. They're just too heavy and cumbersome to be logically hauled around when my living situation is so temporary.  Now that I have fewer books, though, my cases aren't so crammed, and I could used some bookends to make book displays!
flez
 Do yourself a  favor and look at this link. Every one of these bat blankets are so cute.


themadplatters
I love the Victorian encyclopedia feel of the illustrations!

4 comments:

  1. I need those bookends! How cool are they?! Matt and I use to walk Abby to Alberta Park in the summer just to sit in the field and watch the bats come out of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bats! They're my favorite part of summer!

      Delete
  2. i am in love with aaallll of this!!

    ReplyDelete