Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ananas over Bastogne





Current Obsessions: World War II and pineapples. Why? I have no godly idea. I'd say the pineapple thing started when I bought that pineapple print cardigan last month, and the WWII thing resurfaces every once in a while (as with most of my historical interests, they come and go, but always return). Earlier today, I found myself quasi-legally streaming Band of Brothers while scouring the internet for pineapple print things, and for like two seconds I had thoughts of 'what the hell is wrong with me' cross my mind, but whatevs, whatevs. Statistically, at least one other person in the world has the same browser history as me, right?

A blog I occasionally follow has a great wishlist feature where she picks a theme and finds items along that fit, sort of like a scavenger hunt. I love this idea! So much that I pretty much ganked it...  I've wanted to do a theme wishlist/finds series for a while, and her posts inspired me to knuckle down and do it. Aaaand since I was already searching for pineapple junk, what the hell- let's make that the first theme. Check out Scathingly Brilliant's original wishlist posts! Her style is lots of fun.



1. Black Pineapple Print Button Top- New Look 
2. Crossbody Bag- ASOS
3. Acrylic Pineapples Forever Necklace- Bottica
4. Pineapple Basket- ZaraHome
5. Perfect Pina Coladas Dress- Modcloth
6. Pineapple Watch- ASOS
7. Pina Colada Shorts-Beginning Boutique
8. Knit Tie Headwrap- Mintandarrows
9. Nikos Koulis Earrings- Matches Fashion
10. 1940s Bes Ben Pineapple Hat- Indianapolis Museum of Art
11. Gian Paolo Barbieri, Vogue Italia, 1969

I didn't include these in the collage since they weren't 100% pineapple, but these Carmen Miranda wedges by Miss L Fire are EVERYTHING


I recently learned about Miss L Fire and their great 1940s inspired footwear. I thought they were only available in Europe, but it turns out Modcloth carries them? And they're currently on sale at half off???? Why am I poor???????????? I may consider breaking my 'no open toed shoes' rule for these babies. 

 
In weather related news, it's supposed to be in the high 90s this coming weekend. 

Nope.


No comments:

Post a Comment