Tuesday, March 25, 2014

THE LEADING CLOTHIER

I got a haircut!

During the bus ride to work yesterday, I decided that I needed to do something after work other than just going home to the ants and the cats. I've been feeling so generally blah and shitty, and I thought doing something spur of the moment might help. With the climbing temperatures, I don't want to be uncomfortable, nor do I want to get stuck in the rut of trying to find a way to wear my hair up all the time. Summer is my least favorite season, and being miserable because I'm sweaty and gross and on the bus only makes it worse.

I always go to the salon branch of a local chain barbershop that only does walk ins because it's easy. The services are good, but can be a little rushed. Today, though, I got a stylist who was super into vintage hair, and actually, finally, gave me a haircut I'm really really happy with! When I told her I do some vintage styling, she tweaked the cut I had a photo of to make sure I could still style it in a vintage way, and gave me some tips too! She really understood my hair type (super fine, wavy, but lots of it) and didn't fight it's texture like some stylists do.  Even though the cut is modern (I found the inspiration photo on pinterest, of course), I'm excited to see what vintage inspired styles I can do with it.



Of course it looked better when I got out of the barbershop yesterday than it does today. It was insanely windy today, all while waffling between pouring rain and 60 degree temperatures, and I had forgotten my hat. I missed a bus, and decided to walk instead of wait for forty minutes in what apparently is a gale tunnel, so the hair took a beating. 

I tried to take a picture with Sam, but he's a doofus and wouldn't cooperate. In this photo, he was falling off the couch. Heeeeee's kind of an idiot.

In other random news, I went to the bin (with zero luck. It was weird today. Creepy weird) and found a super '70s hanger from an old men's clothing store in Eureka that I vaguely remember but no longer exists. Ha! I can't escape it!

Upon a quick goole-roo, I found a brief article from the Clarke Museum about it, if you want to revisit Eureka in it's pre-meth, peri-logging heyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment